Naturopathic Doctors diagnose and treat the root cause of health concerns using evidence-based natural medicine.
Naturopathic Medicine is a primary health care system that blends Eastern and Western medical philosophies and uses natural therapies as treatment. Naturopathy aims to identify and target the underlying causes of health concerns, producing results that last a lifetime. Treatments can include diet and lifestyle counseling, vitamin and mineral supplementation, botanical medicine, acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine and vitamin injections.
Naturopathic Doctors work with a variety of health concerns including:
- Mental Health (Depression and Anxiety)
- Neurological Disease (Multiple Sclerosis, Bell’s Palsy)
- Immune Support (Cold/Flu, recurrent infections)
- Hormone Balance (Thyroid, Men’s and Women’s health)
- Digestive Concerns (Bloating, IBS, IBD, Food Sensitivities)
- Pain Management (Muscle pain, Arthritis)
- Chronic Disease Prevention (Heart Disease, Diabetes, Obesity)
How Do I Get Started?
During this visit, we will go through your major health concerns and evaluate your current health status through questioning and focused physical exams. Please bring any previous laboratory results from your healthcare providers and your completed intake form to your first visit. 60-75 min.
The focus and frequency of these visits will vary over the course of your treatment. These can be used to gather more information, make changes to your treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have. 30-45 min.
Are Naturopathic Visits Covered by Insurance?
Ontario Naturopathic Doctors are licensed and regulated by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. Naturopathic visits are covered by most extended healthcare plans. Please check with your provider for the details of your coverage.